Execution Process For A Garment
Export Order In A Factory (In Brief)
1) Order inquiry from buyer to factory: Merchandiser sits with Production Manager for ship date planning. Inquiry on price (some times the target price is also given) Inquiry on ship date i.e. whether it can be shipped in due date?
2) Approval of order from buyer, as par the costing given by the merchandiser: Merchandiser makes Time and action Plan contain the details of the action be taken as per fixed date, in order to execute the shipment on the due date as committed to buyer).
3) Buyer Bank given Master L/C to the Factory:
Master L/C is the contract given to bank, which covers the total value of the export order.Commercial dept. deals with the follow-up of L/C matter.
4) B/B L/C is given to the suppliers of accessories and fabric etc:
Commercial department deals with the open up of B/B, L/C
Merchandiser deals with the follow-up of the materials on time.
5) Fit sample sent to buyer for the fit approval:
Merchandiser co-ordinates with sampling section, for the fit sample,And get it approved from the buyer for fit and measurement.
6) Per-production sample submitted to buyer with original accessories and fabric:
P.P sample to be made from the production line
PP. sample approval from buyer means Merchandiser takes approval on style, original fabric & original accessories.
7) Fabric and trims to be in housed on due time as per time and action plan:
Inventory to be monitored by merchandiser so that there s no problem In quality or shortage of quantity in fabric and accessories.
If thaw is any thing wrong prompt action to be taken by merchandiser.
Pilot production to be started as per time and action plan: Or Initial production mean consists of 100 to 200 Pcs. Production manager and quality team should check very carefully about. The style and quality of the garment. The measurement needs to follow as per buyers spec sheet.
9) On line inspection by buyers QC certifies the quality of the garment: Buyer QC gives suggestion where are the quality defects and how to Improve on that.
10) Bulk production to be started as per the time and action plan:
Buyers Q.C monitor on the production and quality of garments. Production manager and supervisor need to be very careful to meet. The production deadline or production target, to meet the ship date on time.
11) In the moan time commercial section prepares the shipping documents: Contact with shipping line for the booking of vessels. (For sea shipment).
12) Final inspection as per time and action plan: Buyer’s QC. Do random inspection during final inspection. Only if buyer’s QC certifies the quality is satisfactory then only we can. Ship out the goods.
13) Goods are made ex-factory: Goods send to seaport (sea shipment). Goods send to airport (air shipment)
14) Goods handed over to the shipping line: NOTE: NOW IN ANY CASE WE FAIL TO SHIP THE GOODS ON TIME AS PER THE DATE GIVEN ON MASTER L/C, BUYER WILL CANCEL THE GOODS OR WILL ASK FOR AIR FREIGHT I.e. F THE ORDER WAS IN SEA SHIPMENT.
(Airfreight may come nearly 4 to 5 times of a sea freight cost.)